Join Sherlock Biosciences in our mission to improve health outcomes worldwide.
We’re transforming diagnostics by building a culture of inclusion, openness and innovation with a pioneering team of technology, disease area and industry experts.
To learn about Sherlock’s current openings, please see the listings below. To apply for a listed position, please email email@example.com.
An exciting new diagnostic company based on a next-generation CRISPR and Synthetic Biology technology platform is seeking an outstanding Laboratory Manager to work as part of a talented team with a mission to engineer and launch molecular diagnostic products across a range of impactful healthcare applications.
This position reports to the CEO and is located in Cambridge, MA.
- Develop all organizational procedures and systems for the office.
- Direct and Support the day to day operations of the office
- Manage and coordinate all vendors as well as oversee all supplies for the office
- General Human Resource related activities such as processing payroll, benefit management, assist with recruiting, on boarding procedures, employee relations or any other such activities.
- Provide Administrative Support such as coordinating company calendars and travel for executives and any other administrative duties that are needed to assist the “C” level management
- Organize and plan all company functions such as, Board meetings, Company meetings, Parties, Outings or general events
- Cultivate and support an effective, happy work environment
- Work directly with accounting to maintain QuickBooks and invoice system
- Coordinate travel for the executive team
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar preferred with 5-7 years of experience in a Life Science (preferred) start-up environment with increasing responsibilities in the area of Office Management.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with advanced computer skills
- Experience with scheduling, budgeting, vendor management including contract negotiations
- Supply management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high level attention to detail
- Comfort with fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are a must to succeed in our environment (start-up)
- Experience meeting deadlines, working in a fast pace environment and being able to demonstrate common sense
Scientist or Senior Scientist, Assay Development
Sherlock Biosciences, an exciting new diagnostic company based on next-generation CRISPR and Synthetic Biology technology platforms, is seeking an outstanding Senior Scientist to develop and launch molecular diagnostic products. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of research and development activities and contributing to strategic direction of new products. In addition, the successful candidate will help drive the innovation of the platform and translate improvements into new products.
This role provides strategic and technical leadership in defining and achieving assay and product development objectives while ensuring compliance with health authority requirements. The Senior Scientist will also contribute to partnering activities with life cycle teams and internal as well as external business partners to drive innovation and product development. This role will drive continuous improvement within product development processes and manage resources to achieve business results within budget. Successful candidates will join an exciting and fast-paced team focused on improving human health worldwide through highly innovative CRISPR and Synthetic Biology-based platforms for molecular diagnostics.
- New Assay and Product Development – Conduct feasibility studies. Develop reagents within design control process and oversee validations. Conduct and oversee research and development of new products, as well as the transfer of products to Operations.
- Oversee critical reagent development, validation, and transfer to Operations.
- Project Management – Manage deliverables in the development and commercialization of reagent applications and new product development.
- Direct analytical studies for Marketing and FDA approval and ensure GMP, ISO and IVDD compliant documentation.
- Interview and hire staff, provide performance feedback and mentorship.
- Responsibilities also include developing workforce planning models and developing skill sets within team to meet future technology requirements.
- Monitor work to ensure quality, and continuously promote First Time Quality.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering or Life Sciences with a minimum of 1 year of industry experience, or M.S. in Bioengineering or Life Sciences with minimum of 3 years industry experience
- Direct experience in an IVD company.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in assay development under design controls.
- Management experience a plus.
- Strong background in assay development, including nucleic acid manipulation and detection, immunoassay and immunohistochemistry, or in situ hybridization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cell and molecular biology, pathology, histology, or biochemistry with technical aptitude to learn different scientific applications quickly.
- Experienced in IVD product development and FDA submissions.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, creative problem solver in technical areas.
- Familiarity with the various regulatory requirements (GMP, ISO and IVDD).
- Must work well with cross functional teams.
Research Associate, Assay Development
Sherlock Biosciences has as a goal of creating a new generation of CRISPR and Synthetic biology-based molecular diagnostics that can rapidly deliver accurate and inexpensive results in any setting. We are looking for a highly motivated, outstanding Research Associate who will join our team of world-class researchers focused on the development and launch of molecular diagnostic products. The successful candidate will execute development studies, conduct data analysis, document results. The role will involve cross-functional collaboration with other teams. Successful candidates will join an exciting and fast-paced team focused on improving human health worldwide through a highly innovative CRISPR and Synthetic Biology-based platform for molecular diagnostics.
- Assist in the development, verification, validation and technology transfer of molecular diagnostic assays.
- Conduct laboratory experiments and studies according to approved protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Work Instruction Documents (WIDs) while maintaining the safety of self and colleagues and the integrity of the data collected.
- Assist in authoring SOPs, WIDs for developed processes.
- Perform experiments to improve assay performance and robustness.
- Contribute to experimental design, data analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving to improve methods or procedures.
- Proficiently carry out assignments with guidance in planning, organizing, and meeting key deadlines.
- Support an atmosphere of inclusion and collective contribution to projects and procedures with team.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor to relay project progress, experiment results, and data analysis; openly and thoughtfully discuss challenges.
- Document and record all work in electronic laboratory notebooks and diligently complete other documentation as required for assigned projects/experiments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- M.S. or B.S. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or related field.
- Industry experience with in vitro diagnostics development in a regulated environment a plus.
- Knowledge and laboratory experience with molecular biology techniques, including PCR, qPCR, isothermal nucleic acid amplification, aseptic technique is required
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills related to nucleic acid characterization are required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of adjusting to dynamic working environment and changing priorities, while ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Team-player committed to learning new technologies and professional growth.
Strategy and Business Development Analyst/Manager Role Description
The Business Development Manager will support Sherlock’s business development activities as well as corporate strategy. This individual will collaborate with the Research & Development, Finance, Legal and other teams to establish and maintain successful relationships with partners as we build Sherlock’s business. The role will be working in a fast-paced biotech company in Cambridge, MA. This position reports to Sherlock’s Chief Business Officer.
- Working closely with the CBO, leads a range of projects/activities that contribute to the execution of successful, high value BD transactions for Sherlock
- Support potential strategic partnering activities for Sherlock platforms, generating BD materials and presentations, and coordinating due diligence by closely working with internal team
- Conducts related competitive analysis, business/financial analysis to support the transaction, and strategy development processes as needed
- As a BD team member, contributes to overall BD and R&D strategy for company growth by analyzing scientific and industry trends
- As needed, lead scouting effort for external growth opportunities, by organizing and project managing the search & evaluation process
- Bachelor’s degree in science or business with at least 1~3 years of Business Development, VC, consulting, banking and/or drug research and development experience or Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of equivalent work experience. Advanced technical or business degree a plus.
- Strong communication/project management/organizational skills across different functions within the organization, including Research and Development, Competitive Intelligence, Legal, CMC, and Finance
- Good knowledge of diagnostics, or drug development and commercialization processes
- Experience in search and evaluation of innovative technologies is a plus, but not mandatory
- The ability to work independently as well as coordinate across functions