Join Sherlock Biosciences in our mission to improve health outcomes worldwide.
We’re transforming diagnostics by building a culture of inclusion, openness and innovation with a pioneering team of technology, disease area and industry experts.
To learn about Sherlock’s current openings, please see the listings below. To apply for a listed position, please email email@example.com.
Principal Bioinformatician/Head of Bioinformatics
Sherlock Biosciences is seeking an outstanding individual to join an exciting and fast-paced team focused on improving global health through highly innovative CRISPR and Synthetic Biology-based platforms for molecular diagnostics. The Principal Bioinformatician/Head of Bioinformatics will be responsible for establishing a computational design and analysis pipeline for the development of new and innovative molecular diagnostics. The successful candidate will provide strategic and technical leadership in defining and achieving goals related to computational design and analysis of nucleic acid detection technologies. The role will also involve aspects of machine learning, computational biology, and data science.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop, implement, and maintain a computational pipeline for diagnostic assay development across multiple technology platforms.
- Improve predictability of biological design through innovative computational approaches.
- Analyze and extract information and insights from internal and publicly available datasets using existing methods, or developing new methods when necessary.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to generate appropriate data sets for model training and insight generation.
- Establish and cultivate a data-centric company culture by developing and implementing best practices for data infrastructure and management.
- Manage internal and external resources.
- Contribute to intellectual property and assay design protocols.
Experience and Qualifications:
- M.S. with 10+ years of experience or Ph.D. with 5+ years of experience in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience with track record of increasing levels of responsibility, including supervisory experience.
- Deep experience mining public sequence databases and proven record of implementing analysis pipelines.
- Expert use of sequence analysis tools and strong programming skills required.
- Experience with machine learning required, with experience in biological applications desired.
- Experience in creating utilities to allow scientists to investigate data independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and quick learner with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to convey technical information clearly and concisely.
Research Associate, Assay Development
Sherlock Biosciences has as a goal of creating a new generation of CRISPR and Synthetic biology-based molecular diagnostics that can rapidly deliver accurate and inexpensive results in any setting. We are looking for a highly motivated, outstanding Research Associate who will join our team of world-class researchers focused on the development and launch of molecular diagnostic products. The successful candidate will execute development studies, conduct data analysis, document results. The role will involve cross-functional collaboration with other teams. Successful candidates will join an exciting and fast-paced team focused on improving human health worldwide through a highly innovative CRISPR and Synthetic Biology-based platform for molecular diagnostics.
- Assist in the development, verification, validation and technology transfer of molecular diagnostic assays.
- Conduct laboratory experiments and studies according to approved protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Work Instruction Documents (WIDs) while maintaining the safety of self and colleagues and the integrity of the data collected.
- Assist in authoring SOPs, WIDs for developed processes.
- Perform experiments to improve assay performance and robustness.
- Contribute to experimental design, data analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving to improve methods or procedures.
- Proficiently carry out assignments with guidance in planning, organizing, and meeting key deadlines.
- Support an atmosphere of inclusion and collective contribution to projects and procedures with team.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor to relay project progress, experiment results, and data analysis; openly and thoughtfully discuss challenges.
- Document and record all work in electronic laboratory notebooks and diligently complete other documentation as required for assigned projects/experiments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- M.S. or B.S. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or related field.
- Industry experience with in vitro diagnostics development in a regulated environment a plus.
- Knowledge and laboratory experience with molecular biology techniques, including PCR, qPCR, isothermal nucleic acid amplification, aseptic technique is required
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills related to nucleic acid characterization are required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of adjusting to dynamic working environment and changing priorities, while ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Team-player committed to learning new technologies and professional growth.
Scientist or Senior Scientist, Assay Development
Sherlock Biosciences, an exciting new diagnostic company based on next-generation CRISPR and Synthetic Biology technology platforms, is seeking an outstanding Senior Scientist to develop and launch molecular diagnostic products. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of research and development activities and contributing to strategic direction of new products. In addition, the successful candidate will help drive the innovation of the platform and translate improvements into new products.
This role provides strategic and technical leadership in defining and achieving assay and product development objectives while ensuring compliance with health authority requirements. The Senior Scientist will also contribute to partnering activities with life cycle teams and internal as well as external business partners to drive innovation and product development. This role will drive continuous improvement within product development processes and manage resources to achieve business results within budget. Successful candidates will join an exciting and fast-paced team focused on improving human health worldwide through highly innovative CRISPR and Synthetic Biology-based platforms for molecular diagnostics.
- New Assay and Product Development – Conduct feasibility studies. Develop reagents within design control process and oversee validations. Conduct and oversee research and development of new products, as well as the transfer of products to Operations.
- Oversee critical reagent development, validation, and transfer to Operations.
- Project Management – Manage deliverables in the development and commercialization of reagent applications and new product development.
- Direct analytical studies for Marketing and FDA approval and ensure GMP, ISO and IVDD compliant documentation.
- Interview and hire staff, provide performance feedback and mentorship.
- Responsibilities also include developing workforce planning models and developing skill sets within team to meet future technology requirements.
- Monitor work to ensure quality, and continuously promote First Time Quality.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering or Life Sciences with a minimum of 1 year of industry experience, or M.S. in Bioengineering or Life Sciences with minimum of 3 years industry experience
- Direct experience in an IVD company.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in assay development under design controls.
- Management experience a plus.
- Strong background in assay development, including nucleic acid manipulation and detection, immunoassay and immunohistochemistry, or in situ hybridization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cell and molecular biology, pathology, histology, or biochemistry with technical aptitude to learn different scientific applications quickly.
- Experienced in IVD product development and FDA submissions.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, creative problem solver in technical areas.
- Familiarity with the various regulatory requirements (GMP, ISO and IVDD).
- Must work well with cross functional teams.
Senior Program Manager
Sherlock Biosciences is seeking an outstanding individual to join an exciting and fast-paced team focused on improving global health through highly innovative CRISPR and Synthetic Biology-based platforms for molecular diagnostics. The Sr. Program Manager will be responsible for managing multiple milestone-driven programs and enabling success of program objectives and overall corporate goals. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to concurrently manage complex development programs from early through late stages in a cross-functional role that closely interacts with key stakeholders, internal R&D teams, funding agencies, and external partners.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Apply best practices for program management in initiation, planning, development, tracking and execution of programs.
- Create and maintain program plan documentation.
- Develop and track program budgets.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings including: creating agendas, writing minutes, drafting action items and follow ups.
- Manage flow of communication between all stakeholders to ensure execution of program strategy.
- Facilitate resolution of issues adversely impacting programs.
- Compile metrics and reports to provide updates to senior management.
- B.S. degree in a science discipline, M.S., Ph.D., or M.B.A. preferred plus 3-5 years of experience managing development programs.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Highly collaborative team player with ability to foster open communication.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced start up environment.
- Ability to find creative solutions to resolve issues impacting timelines and budget.
- PMP certification a plus.